Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 109 of 112 2000 Records Found

Opening of new classrooms, Denstone College

Opening of a new block of classrooms at Denstone College. The building was opened by former pupil Sir Mark Hunter, and Sir Percival Heywood and the headmaster of Denstone College, the Rev. R.M. Grier, ...

Opening of the Forces' Canteen, Eccleshall,

The opening of the military canteen on High Street, by Lady Harrowby (fifth from the left). The building is now ladies' clothes shop 'Moet'.

Opening the new Catholic School, Springfield Road, Uttoxeter

The opening of the new St. Joseph's Roman Catholic School on Springfield Road, Uttoxeter. The Most Rev. Dr. T.L. Williams, Archbishop of Birmingham, formally unlocking the school's door. In the group ...

Order of Druids Memorial Stone Unveiling, Red Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

A programme for the unveiling ceremony for an oak tablet in memory of William Pitt at the Order of Druids 'Good Samaritan' Lodge, No. 1352, which took place at the Wheatsheaf Hotel, Talke Road, Red Street,Newcastle-under-Lyme. ...

Oulton Abbey

Oulton Abbey, formerly Oulton House, was built by Thomas Dent, a solicitor, in about 1720. It was later owned by John Joule, the brewer, who added a new front in 1822. Between 1835 and 1838 it was occupied ...

Oulton Abbey

Oulton Abbey, formerly Oulton House, was built by Thomas Dent, a solicitor, in about 1720. It was later owned by John Joule, the brewer, who added a new front in 1822. Between 1835 and 1838 it was occupied ...

Oulton Abbey

Oulton Abbey, formerly Oulton House, was built by Thomas Dent, a solicitor, in about 1720. It was later owned by John Joule, the brewer, who added a new front in 1822. Between 1835 and 1838 it was occupied ...

Oulton Abbey, near Stone

A postcard showing Benedictine Abbeys in Britain, including Oulton Abbey (bottom right) and Caverswall Castle (top right) in Staffordshire. Oulton Abbey, formerly Oulton House, was built by Thomas ...

Our Lady & St Benedict Roman Catholic Church and Presbytery, Abbey Hulton, Stoke-on-Trent

The Church of Our Lady and St. Benedict in Abbey Lane, Abbey Hulton was built in 1937–8. Originally part of Birches Head parish, Abbey Hulton became a separate parish in 1941. The open land in the foreground ...

Our Lady of the Angels and St Peter in Chains Church, Hartshill

This photograph was taken from Higson Avenue, looking across Hartshill Road. The brick built Gothic style church is attached to the neighbouring Dominican Convent and was built between the 1850s and 1890s. ...

Our Lady of the Assumption Chapel, Swynnerton,

This Roman Catholic chapel was built next to Swynnerton Hall in 1869. The architect was Gilbert Blount.

Our Lady of the Assumption R.C. Church, Swynnerton,

This Roman Catholic chapel was built next to Swynnerton Hall in 1869. The architect was Gilbert Blount.

Outline of St. Bertelin's Chapel, Stafford,

St. Bertelin's Chapel was dedicated to an eighth century Anglo-Saxon saint, who had chosen Stafford for his hermitage. The wooden chapel was replaced by a stone one on the same site in the eleventh century. St. ...

Page Boy and Flower Girl, Eccleshall,

Pageant Parade, Eccleshall,

Parade seen on High Street, possibly celebrating George V's Silver Jubilee in 1937. The sign reads 'Never Get There Fire Brigade'.

Pageant Procession, Stafford,

View of the pageant procession in Oxford Gardens. The annual Stafford Pageant included a procession through the town, and ended with a fair on the town common. A prize was awarded to the best decorated ...

Panorama from Bedford Street, Shelton, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken from just north of the flight of locks at Bedford Street in Shelton. The camera is looking northwards along the Caldon Canal with the winding towers of Wolstanton Colliery on ...

Parade in Abbots Bromley

This postcard view shows a church parade and a band passing the 17th century hexagonal butter cross in the Market Place and walking towards Bagot Street in Abbots Bromley. On the right there is a ‘Green ...