Theme Explorer

Page 105 of 106 1906 Records Found

Women’s Land Army, Sugnall

This photograph was taken at Sugnall and shows Brenda Williams (on the left) who was in the Women’s Land Army from 1947 to 1949. In 1950 she married Robert Fulford and they lived in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire ...

Women's Land Army, Walled Garden, Shugborough

A group of Women's Land Army girls photographed at the Walled Garden, Shugborough. Some were working in the Walled Garden while others would have been employed in agricultural work at Shugborough Park ...

Wood Eaton Manor, Church Eaton

Five Morris-Eyton children sitting under the verandah at Wood Eaton Manor. At the time of this photograph it was the residence of Mr and Mrs C.E. Morris-Eyton and family. Mr Morris-Eyton was well known ...

Wood Eaton Manor, Church Eaton

A girl holding a cat under the verandah at Wood Eaton Manor. At the time of this photograph it was the residence of Mr and Mrs C.E. Morris-Eyton and family. Mr Morris-Eyton was well known for his stud ...

Wood Eaton Manor, Church Eaton

Three girls pictured outside Wood Eaton Manor. At the time of this photograph it was the residence of Mr and Mrs C.E. Morris-Eyton. Mr Morris-Eyton was well known for his stud of Shire Horse stallions. ...

Wood Eaton Manor, Church Eaton

This slightly water damaged glass negative image shows Wood Eaton Manor. At the time of this photograph it was the residence of Mr and Mrs C.E. Morris-Eyton. Mr Morris-Eyton was well known for his stud ...

Woodcroft, Leek

Woodcroft stood on Newcastle Road but has since been demolished and is now the site of a housing estate. Woodcroft was built in 1893 for Henry George Carr, a draper with a shop in Leek. Carr sold it ...

Woodcroft, Leek

It was built as it appears here for a draper called Henry George Carr but perhaps he overstretched himself as he had to sell it after only about three years to Henry Davenport, one of the founders of ...

Woodcroft, Leek

Woodcroft entrance gates. The house was demolished in the 1930s and a high quality housing development built on the grounds. The gates were built over but the tennis pavilion still survives although disused ...

Woodcroft, Leek

It was built as it appears here for a draper called Henry George Carr but perhaps he overstretched himself as he had to sell it after only about three years to Henry Davenport, one of the founders of ...

Wooden Footbridge, Little Haywood,

The footbridge carrying Meadow Lane across the Trent was built in 1830. Previously the river was crossed by a ford, still used by cattle and horse-drawn vehicles after the bridge was constructed. The ...

Woodgate Cottage, Trentham

Woodgate Cottage is located on the edge of Trentham Gardens and Park. This Art Deco house was built on the London South Drive in 1925.

Woodlawn, Woodgate, Uttoxeter

Built in the early 19th century, Woodlane was known as Wood Villa until about 1900. In 1851 it was the home of Samuel Bean, Esq. Alfred Charles Bunting was living there in 1912, and Mrs Bunting in 1932. ...

Woodseat

This view shows the rear of the house with two large lean-to greenhouses. On the right is a grass tennis court.

Woodseat

A three storey gabled brick building with projecting wing of two storeys. The windows in the bottom two storeys of the main building have mostly triangular pediments, although the middle windows and door ...

Woodseat, Rocester

View from the west side of the building showing the balustraded terrace with six steps leading up to it. Woodseat was built in 1767 for Thomas Bainbrigge of Derby, who was High Sheriff of Derbyshire ...

Woodseat, Rocester

View from the west of the house. On the left can be seen the large conservatory at the rear of the house. Woodseat was built in 1767 for Thomas Bainbrigge of Derby, who was High Sheriff of Derbyshire ...

Wootton Lodge, near Ellastone

Wootton Lodge was built as a hunting lodge by Sir Richard Fleetwood between about 1580 and 1610. It was badly damaged during the Civil War and much of the interior was restored in about 1700. Sir Oswald ...