Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 11 184 Records Found

Albion Square from Lichfield Street, Hanley

This photograph was taken from the northern end of Lichfield Street looking across Albion Square towards Stafford Street (left) and Tontine Street (right). Albion Street is going the left edge. Pedestrianisation ...

Alrewas War Memorial

The First World War Memorial situated on Main Street at the junction with Post Office Road. This area was formerly known as 'The Green'.

Anson Street, Rugeley

A quiet Wednesday morning in Anson Street. On the left is the Police Station with three Police Officers in conversation by a motor-scooter parked on the road. On the right is the Post Office where two ...

Anson Street, Rugeley

A postcard view of the Post Office, Anson Street, Rugeley. This postcard was published by G. Frith, Horse Fair Post Office, Rugeley. William Augustus 'Gus' Frith was a stationer, sub-postmaster and ...

Bearwood Hill, Burton-on-Trent

View of tram descending Bearwood Hill. Trams were introduced in Burton in 1903, and they remained in the town until 1926. Originally they were open-topped like this one, but in their later years were ...

Bird Street, Lichfield

A postcard view looking along Bird Street with the Post Office on the left and the Swan Hotel on the right. Around 1970 the Post Office was converted into an arts centre, but has since been demolished ...

Bird Street, Lichfield

A postcard view looking along Bird Street with the Post Office on the left and the Swan Hotel on the right. Around 1970 the Post Office was converted into an Arts Centre, but has since been demolished ...

Boots' Chemists and the Post Office, Stafford,

The General Post Office moved from Eastgate Street to this building on Market Square in 1867. It remained here until 1914, when it relocated to Chetwynd House on Greengate Street.

Brereton village

A postcard view of Main Road, Brereton looking south-east towards Lichfield. On the right is the Church of England school building which replaced an earlier school on the same site It was opened in ...

Brocton Post Office,

Broughton Institute, Wetwood

A postcard view of Broughton Institute which later became known as Broughton Parish Room on the Eccleshall Road (B5026) at Wetwood. The building in the background on the left is the former Wetwood Post ...

Burslem Post Office, Wedgwood Street, Burslem

This Post Office building is on Wedgwood Street close to the junction with Market Place. This building was opened in 1937 and is now known as The Old Post Office. It has been converted for small scale ...

Canvassing during a General Election, Eccleshall

Major Hugh Fraser, Conservative candidate, successfully contested the Stafford Constituency in the 1951 General Election. He is seen standing on a carriage outside the Royal Oak on High Street.

Carnival on Carter Street, Uttoxeter

Parade of fancy dress contestants walking along Carter Street, Uttoxeter. The characters include an Army drummer, a native American Indian, William Shakespeare and His Master's Voice. The Post Office ...

Carter Street, Uttoxeter

A postcard view of Carter Street in Uttoxeter. On the left is the Post Office and centre right in the distance is the sign and porch of the White Hart Hotel.

Cenotaph and Anson Street, Rugeley

This postcard view was published by Wood's Series, Rugeley. On the left is the Police Station and on the right is the Post Office. Note the London & North Western Railway's delivery dray from the Trent ...

Chetwynd House, Stafford,

Chetwynd House was built around 1712-1715 by William Chetwynd, 3rd Viscount Chetwynd (1683?-1770), Member of Parliament for Stafford 1715-1722 and 1734-1770. The house was sold in the 1780s to William ...

Chetwynd House, Stafford,

Chetwynd House was built around 1712-1715 by William Chetwynd, 3rd Viscount Chetwynd (1683?-1770), Member of Parliament for Stafford 1715-1722 and 1734-1770. The house was sold in the 1780s to William ...