Advertising postcard, F.H. Burgess, Eccleshall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1910 - 1920 (c.)

Description:Postcard advertising horse-drawn cultivators supplied by F.H. Burgess of Eccleshall, who were well-known locally as agricultural and horticultural engineers, suppliers and ironmongers for over a century.

Frederick H. Burgess set up his agricultural machinery business on Stafford Street, Eccleshall in 1900. The business soon expanded so that by 1920 there were offices in Stafford, Newcastle-under-Lyme and Wolverhampton. In 1934 Frederick's sons decided to concentrate on supplying tractors. Many more new branches opened across the midlands and the north west of England. The company was incorporated in 1948 as F.H. Burgess Ltd. and by the 1970s had around 130 branches across the United Kingdom. The company ceased trading in 2008, by which time it was trading as Burgess Agricultural Engineers Ltd with headquarters in Sundorne, Shrewsbury..

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:11_110r (220/36993)

Source: Mr Jake Whitehouse

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.