Bridge Street Fire Station, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1927

Description:The fire station was built in 1885 at the junction of Greengate Street and Bridge Street, next to the Royal Brine Baths. The baths incorporated an open-sided tower which was used by the firemen for drying hoses.

Mr Haywood, Captain of the Brigade, can be seen in the foreground wearing his uniform and medals.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1870s
Bridge Street, Stafford
Bridge Street, Stafford

View from Green Bridge towards Chetwynd House. Mr Jenkinson, a baker and confectioner, ...

1900s
Royal Brine Baths, Stafford
Royal Brine Baths, Stafford

In the 1880s a thick bed of salt was discovered on Stafford Common, during the search ...

1920s
'Yeti' Costume, Stafford Pageant,
'Yeti' Costume, Stafford Pageant,

Yeti costume with Lotus Shoes collecting tin photographed on Greengate Street. ...

1940s
Chetwynd House, Stafford,
Chetwynd House, Stafford,

Chetwynd House was built around 1712-1715 by William Chetwynd, 3rd Viscount Chetwynd ...

1970s
Corner of Mill Street and Greengate Street, Stafford,
Corner of Mill Street and Greengate Street, Stafford,

On the left is Chetwynd House, built around 1712-1715 by William Chetwynd, 3rd Viscount ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:P81.070.0004 (18/633)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.