Visit of HRH the Princess Royal (Princess Mary), Whittington Barracks, nr Lichfield

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1940

Description:The Princess was Chief Controller of the Women’s Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS), formed as part of the Territorial Army in 1938. After the outbreak of War in 1939 many ATS service women were employed in administrative duties at the two Depots.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1870s
Officers group at Whittington Barracks, nr Lichfield
Officers group at Whittington Barracks, nr Lichfield

1890s
1st Battalion South Staffords, Whittington Barracks
1st Battalion South Staffords, Whittington Barracks

1910s
NAFI at Whittington Barracks, nr Lichfield
NAFI at Whittington Barracks, nr Lichfield

Members of the Navy Army Airforce Institute pictured here at Whittington Barracks....

1930s
Dedication Ceremony at the Depot of the North Stafford Regiment, Whittington Barracks
Dedication Ceremony at the Depot of the North Stafford Regiment, Whittington Barracks

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:(31/6120)

Source: Staffordshire Regiment Museum

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.