Tamworth Co-Op, Aldergate/Church Street, Tamworth

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1970 - 1980 (c.)

Description:Tamworth Co-Operative on the corner of Aldergate and Church Street. The building dates from the late nineteenth century and has an ornate balustrade along its top. The Co-Op took over the building in around 1917.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1920s
White Lion Public House, Lichfield Street, Tamworth
White Lion Public House, Lichfield Street, Tamworth

The pub was demolished in May 1935, a new White Lion Pub was built on the same spot ...

1940s
Police station social bar, Church Street, Tamworth
Police station social bar, Church Street, Tamworth

A photograph of Bert Herbert Carpenter, who was the Bar Steward of Tamworth Police ...

1970s
The Old Police Station, Church Street, Tamworth
The Old Police Station, Church Street, Tamworth

This building still existed in 2003 as a restaurant.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:[156] (29/5756)

Source: Tamworth Castle Museum

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.