Police station social bar, Church Street, Tamworth

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1948 - 1962 (c.)

Description:A photograph of Bert Herbert Carpenter, who was the Bar Steward of Tamworth Police Social Club at Church Street Police Station between 1948 and 1962.

The Social Club became a British Legion Club in the 1960s and early 1970s, and was a restaurant in 2002.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1920s
Hunter's Yard, Church Street, Tamworth
Hunter's Yard, Church Street, Tamworth

This photograph shows Mr Hunter with a horse and trap inside 'Hunter's yard'. Mr ...

1960s
Church Street, Tamworth
Church Street, Tamworth

On the left of this photograph is Carroll's Army and Navy Store, with the Co-op ...

1980s
Demolition of the Bus Station, Aldergate, Tamworth
Demolition of the Bus Station, Aldergate, Tamworth

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:[7801] (29/5691)

Source: Tamworth Castle Museum

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.