The Entrance Lodge, Westwood Hall, near Leek

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1913

Description:This Christmas postcard sent in 1913 shows one of the two lodges on the Westwood Hall estate. It was built in 1852 by John Davenport II, the owner of the Hall as part of a scheme of improvement on his land. When this photograph was taken the Hall and grounds belonged to Mr. H.J. Johnson. He sold the estate to Staffordshire County Council in 1920, and the Hall was turned into Westwood Hall County High School for Girls. Today the lodges are occupied as private homes.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:LP-2-16f (28/5222)

Source: Leek Library

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.