Henry Evans Esq., Burton-on-Trent area

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1790 - 1805 (c.)

Description:Mr Evans (b.1731) was the founder of the brewery on the western side of High Street in 1754, whose daughters married into the Worthington family. When he retired he bought Caudwell Hall in Derbyshire. He was also the maternal great-grandfather of William Henry Worthington Esq, J.P., who went on to become head of the firm of Messrs. Worthington & Co.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1920s
Worthingtons Ale Bank, Burton-on-Trent
Worthingtons Ale Bank, Burton-on-Trent

View of Worthingtons Brewery and loading dock with railway wagons alongside. Burton ...

1960s
Signal box, High Street, Burton-on-Trent
Signal box, High Street, Burton-on-Trent

View of the signal box beside the Blue Posts in High Street, showing the level crossing ...

1980s
The Constitutional Club, 149-50 High Street, Burton-on-Trent
The Constitutional Club, 149-50 High Street, Burton-on-Trent

Exterior view of the Constitutional Club in High Street, built by the post office ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:88.0637.01 (27/5148)

Source: National Brewery Centre, Burton upon Trent

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.