Thomas Jackson, Stafford Library and Museum

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1920

Description:Thomas Jackson with Museum displays in the Lecture Room. He was Librarian and Curator between 1892 and 1927. This room, on the Bailey Street side of the building, was later the Children's Library. The curtain covers the collection of birds' eggs and butterflies. Also visible are a man trap and a Burmese bell which was later at Lichfield Museum.

Stafford's library was housed in the Borough Hall until 1914. The new library building on The Green was begun in 1913, with funds from the Carnegie Trust and was formally opened in 1914. The building also housed the Wragge Museum collections, later to become Stafford Museum and Art Gallery. The library occupied this site until 1999, when it moved to the rear of the Shire Hall on Market Square.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Staffordshire County Record Office

Donor ref:7367-1 Thomas Jackson in Museum (1) (201/45252)

Source: Staffordshire County Record Office

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.