Izaak Walton exhibition, Stafford Library & Museum

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:28th of April 1951

Description:Stafford Borough Councillors and Trustees of Izaak Walton Cottage at the opening of the Izaak Walton exhibition at Stafford Library and Museum. They are pictured looking at objects in the first floor Art Gallery. On the left is the Mayor of Stafford, Alderman L. Dobson. Behind him, partly obscured, is Alderman H.J. Bostock. Also present were Herbert Owen, Chair of the Izaak Walton Cottage Trustees (third from left at the front) and Cllr P.W.C. Salmon, Chair of the Library and Museum Committee

Stafford's library was housed in the Borough Hall until 1914. The new library building on The Green was begun in 1913, with funds from the Carnegie Trust and was formally opened in 1914. The building also housed the Wragge Museum collections, later to become Stafford Museum and Art Gallery. The library occupied this site until 1999, when it moved to the rear of the Shire Hall on Market Square.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Staffordshire County Record Office

Donor ref:7673-1 Izaak Walton Exhibition 1951 (201/45243)

Source: Staffordshire County Record Office

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.