Aerial view of RAF Hednesford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:27th of August 1942

Description:RAF Hednesford was built in 1938-1939 on land purchased from the Marquis of Anglesey as No.6 School of Technical Training for RAF and Fleet Air Arm mechanics to be instructed in air-frame and engine repair. RAF Hednesford consisted of barrack huts, three Instructional hangars and a large workshop together with a parade ground, sports field and other facilities. It was located in the area near the current Cannock Chase Visitor Centre.

Image copyright the RAF Museum, Hendon.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:RAF Hednesford 14 (6/45138)

Source: Mr John Godwin

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.