St. Michael’s Church, Penkridge

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1950 - 1960 (c.)

Description:This postcard picture shows the interior of St. Michael and All Angels' Church which dates from the 13th century, and also has Decorated and late Perpendicular features. It was a Royal Collegiate Church, but the collegiate buildings were destroyed in the 16th century. This view is looking west along the nave towards the chancel. The iron screen, dated 1778, is Dutch and came from Cape Town, South Africa.

This unused postcard was published by Landscape View Publishers of Market Harborough.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: The Arthur Lloyd Collection

Donor ref:A_Lloyd-498aa (232/44943)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.