Bird Street, Lichfield

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1908

Description:This postcard view is largely unrecognisable today. Looking from St John Street with Bird Street straight ahead over the junction with Bore Street (signed to Burton on Trent) on the right. As can be seen, the clock tower originally stood near this junction but the area was extensively redeveloped around 1928 and the clock tower was dismantled and relocated to its present location at the far end of the newly built Friary Road which was cut at this time.

This “Derwent Series” postcard was published by W H Smith & Son. It was franked in Birmingham on 27 August 1908 and sent to an address in Malvern.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: The Arthur Lloyd Collection

Donor ref:A_Lloyd-379aa (232/42833)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.