Bishop Ryder's Statue, Lichfield Cathedral

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1904

Description:This postcard shows the kneeling statue set up as a monument to Bishop Ryder in Lichfield Cathedral. It stands in the north choir aisle

Rev. Henry Dudley Ryder (1777-1836), Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry. He was the fifth son of Nathaniel Ryder, 1st Baron Harrowby and younger brother of Dudley Ryder, 1st Earl of Harrowby of Sandon Hall. He was Bishop of Gloucester 1815-1824 and Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry 1824-1836. The statue was scuplted by Francis Legatt Chantrey in 1841.

This postcard was published by the “Dainty” Series. It was franked in Lichfield on 6 December 1904 and sent to an address in Rugeley.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: The Arthur Lloyd Collection

Donor ref:A_Lloyd-336aa (232/42649)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.