Ash Green, Trentham

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1900 - 1910 (c.)

Description:A postcard view of a quiet scene at Ash Green, with the A34, Stone Road (left to right) and by the motor car is the Longton Road junction. On the right are cottages which still stand, although now hidden from view from the main road. On the extreme right is a part view of the boundary wall of the Trentham Estate.

Over the years this junction became much busier and for several years was controlled by traffic lights. Later the junction has been redesigned as a roundabout also giving access to the Trentham Gardens Estate.

This postcard was published by W Shaw, Burslem and printed in Saxony.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: The Arthur Lloyd Collection

Donor ref:A_Lloyd-290aa (232/41143)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.