HM Forces Canteen, Eccleshall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:23rd of October 1943

Description:This photograph was taken of the official opening of the HM Forces canteen in the High Street , and shows a group of about 40 Royal Navy personnel, mainly Wrens including Captain Percival, who were from The RN training establishment HMS Fledgling at Millmeece. The woman standing to the Captain’s right (5th from left, wearing a fur stole) is the Countess of Harrowby. The shop front is clearly identifiable as it is almost identical to how it looks in 2018

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr Matthew Nelson

Donor ref:(55/38030)

Source: Miscellaneous Collection

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.