Sandon Village

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1909 - 1910 (c.)

Description:Looking north through the village. On the right is Seven Stars Cottage. The road leading off to the right leads to the gate to Sandon Hall.

The road junction, in the centre of the postcard, is where the Sandon Estate Memorial stands today. The memorial was erected in 1920 to those who died in the First World War. At the rear can be seen the Village Club.

Postcard published by William Shaw of Burslem. Postmarked 16 May 1910.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:06_091r (226/37775)

Source: Mr Jake Whitehouse

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.