Brindley Heath Hospital, Cannock Chase

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1916 - 1919 (c.)

Description:An interesting view of part of Brindley Hospital which was also known as Rugeley Camp Hospital even though it served both Camps. The motor vehicle is parked outside the Mortuary Block, the building behind is the Disinfecting Block with soiled linen buildings behind. There was a second Mortuary in the Isolation Hospital which was a separate part of the site. The water tower behind was a different style to the others on the Camps as it held less water and was fed from Moors Gorse pumping station on the Rugeley to Hednesford Road.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:12_121r (222/37326)

Source: Mr Jake Whitehouse

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.