Brocton Camp, Cannock Chase

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:December 1918

Description:The soldiers pushing their bikes are just passing the Post Office on their left. It took a while for it to be set up and until then they would have had to join the long queue in Milford Post Office to send mail home. They are walking along what is now called Chase Road and on their left they are approaching the fork in the military railway that goes towards the Power House, one of the most familiar buildings on the Camp with its four chimneys.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:13_112r (215/36547)

Source: Mr Jake Whitehouse

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.