Brocton Camp, Cannock Chase

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1917 - 1918 (c.)

Description:In the background are "P" and "Q" Battalion Lines and to the left out of picture was the main coal yard and weighbridge. The white lines to the right of the road show the freshly dug earth covering some of the many miles of sewerage pipes laid below both Camps. The large building to the right is the YMCA, one of numerous religious buildings scattered throughout the Camp to offer comfort to the troops far from home. This bend is known nowadays as Chase Road Corner and the car park is to the left.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:13_036r (215/36471)

Source: Mr Jake Whitehouse

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.