Philip Shaw & Sons shop, Crabbery Street, Stafford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1950 - 1955 (c.)

Description:Philip Shaw and Sons drapers and tailors shop stood on the north side of Crabbery Street in Stafford, close to the junction with Gaolgate. These buildings were demolished when the Stafford Co-op Department Store was extended and modernised in 1963.

Reproduced by Kind Permission of the Staffordshire Newsletter who retain copyright.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1900s
Blacksmith, Stafford area?
Blacksmith, Stafford area?

A blacksmith shoeing a horse. We do not know where this photograph was taken, but ...

1930s
Gaolgate Street, Stafford
Gaolgate Street, Stafford

This view looks south towards Market Square. On the left can be seen a curved building ...

1950s
Mayor C.E. Fowke, Guildhall, Stafford
Mayor C.E. Fowke, Guildhall, Stafford

Stafford photographer C.E. Fowke was Mayor of Stafford in 1951 and 1952. He is pictured ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Staffordshire Newsletter - Creator

Donor ref:C14.DF.1 (201/36044)

Source: Staffordshire County Record Office

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.