WRACs at Stafford Station

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:14th of June 1952

Description:Members of "B " Company W.R.A.C., Stafford, with their officer, Lieutenant D. Prior (centre, back row) waiting for their train at Stafford station for their annual fortnight's Summer camp at Burscough, Lancashire. The WRAC was formed on 1 February 1949 and existed until 1992. It was the successor to the Auxiliary Training Service which had been set up in 1938 for women members of the British Army for the duration of World War II.

Reproduced by Kind Permission of the Staffordshire Newsletter who retain copyright.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Staffordshire Newsletter - Creator

Donor ref:D4527-B7-NN-836 (201/36003)

Source: Staffordshire County Record Office

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.