Victoria Park, Stafford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1947

Description:A flower bed and tennis courts in the extension to Victoria Park which opened in 1930. In the background can be seen Broad Eye Windmill and to the right is Tenterbanks School which was demolished in the late 1960s.

The design of the flower bed reads: "Ald. H.J. Bostock J.P.", "50", "Hon Freeman 1947". Henry John Bostock (1870-1956) was Director of Edwin Bostock Shoes (1903-1919), Managing Director of Lotus Shoes (1919-1923) and Chairman and Managing Director of Lotus (1923-46). He was also a Justice of the Peace from 1912 to 1950, Mayor of Stafford in 1914-15 and was made an Alderman of Stafford in 1918.

Reproduced by Kind Permission of the Staffordshire Newsletter who retain copyright.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Staffordshire Newsletter - Creator

Donor ref:B7-NN-868 (201/35995)

Source: Staffordshire County Record Office

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.