Bostock Shoe factory Managers, Stafford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1915

Description:Inlay from an Edwin Bostock & Co. Ltd. overseas trade catalogue which shows managers and directors of the company around 1915.

Pictured are: H.J. Bostock, Director and Sales Manager; E.D. Bostock, Accountant; Dudley Bostock, Manager Stone factory; Henry Bostock, Chairman of Edwin Bostock & Co Ltd Stafford; F.M. Bostock, Director and Works Manager; Joseph Wharmby, Advertising Manager.

Bostock's was founded in the eighteenth century by Thomas Bostock, a cobbler. His three sons started their own factories in Stafford, Stone and Northampton. Edwin Bostock's original Stafford factory was on Foregate Street. The building was destroyed by fire in 1901, but was rebuilt on Sandon Road in 1903. In 1919 the three factories amalgamated to become Lotus. The Sandon Road factory was demolished in 1998

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:5593/40/16 (201/35957)

Source: Staffordshire County Record Office

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.