Porter's Ironmongers shop, High Street, Eccleshall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1897

Description:Porter's in High Street, decorated for Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. The shop windows advertise golf clubs and Rudge cycles. A photograph taken by Frank T Hudson of High Street, Eccleshall.

Later, this building was the home of the Dolls' Hospital, and later still by the National Westminster Bank.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1880s
Millward family, Eccleshall
Millward family, Eccleshall

The Millward family pictured in a horse-drawn vis-a-vis phaeton. Henry Millward ...

1900s
Dean's shop, High Street, Eccleshall
Dean's shop, High Street, Eccleshall

E. Dean's shop sold a variety of goods, including poultry, fish and sweets. During ...

1930s
Trinity Sunday Parade, Eccleshall
Trinity Sunday Parade, Eccleshall

Girl Guides, the Fire Brigade and Friendly Societies (including the Oddfellows) ...

1950s
High Street, Ecceshall
High Street, Ecceshall

A view of the High Street, Eccleshall, looking east towards the crossroads with ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:PT-072 (194/35008)

Source: Mr Pat Trevor

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.