Drummond Street, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:April 1964

Description:Drummond Street (Victoria Street until the 1950s) was just off High Street, Goldenhill. The area has been cleared of houses and is now occupied by the Goldenhill Community Hall. There is a date tablet just above the street name which dates this terrace to 1851. On the left edge is a modern electric street lamp post and at the far end of Drummond Street is an old gas lamp post.

The advert on the wall is Cadbury's promoted "glass and a half of milk in each half pound bar of chocolate" slogan.
The parked van is a Ford 5cwt belonging to an electrical contractor. The partly bricked up shop on then left edge was the local electrical shop, belonging to E Parker. This photograph was taken from Goldenhill High Street.

View Location

Share:


Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/063-10 (204/33582)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.