Colwich Church

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1910 - 1920 (c.)

Description:Post card view of St. Michael and All Angels, Colwich. The current building was built on the site of an Anglo-Saxon church. The present church was built in the late fourteenth century, but was altered and restored between 1852 and 1856.

Inside the church are monuments to the Anson and Wolseley families. The east window of the church is a memorial to Thomas, first Earl of Lichfield (1795 - 1854).

Postcard published by W. Shaw, Burslem.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: John Bennett

Donor ref:(207/32753)

Source: John Bennett

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.