High Street, Eccleshall,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1900 - 1910 (c.)

Description:The timber framed building on the right is the Market Hall (built in 1884) which replaced the Old Market Hall and was constructed to the same design. Later used as a reading room, and briefly rented by the British Legion, the hall is now an off licence, but is still referred to as the Market Hall by locals.

The next building is the Town Hall, demolished in 1938.

On the left the arch to the Crown Inn portico can just be seen.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1890s
Page Boy and Flower Girl, Eccleshall,
Page Boy and Flower Girl, Eccleshall,

1920s
Doctor's House, Eccleshall,
Doctor's House, Eccleshall,

Doctor Goss's house at the junction of Stafford Street and Stone Road. It is being ...

1930s
Policemen outside the Station, Eccleshall,
Policemen outside the Station, Eccleshall,

Eccleshall policemen on the steps of the police station on High Street. The station ...

1980s
High Street, Eccleshall
High Street, Eccleshall

View looking towards the Castle Street and Stafford Street crossroads. On the left ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Brampton Museum & Art Gallery, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Donor ref:Borough Museum No., Ref/Sta/2/P16/55, img: 2841 (18/3214)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.