Celebrations, Eccleshall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1910 - 1911 (c.)

Description:Spectators and a pianist pictured outside Doctor Goss’s house at the junction of Stafford Street and Chebsey Lane (now Stone Road) in Eccleshall. It was demolished when Stone Road was widened in the Second World War to allow military vehicles to pass through. This photograph could show part of celebrations for the Coronation of King George V in 1911.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1900s
High Street, Eccleshall
High Street, Eccleshall

A busy scene looking west along High Street from the crossroads in Eccleshall. The ...

1930s
Burgess' ironmonger's shop, Stafford Street, Eccleshall
Burgess' ironmonger's shop, Stafford Street, Eccleshall

F.H. Burgess's first shop in Eccleshall, which opened in 1900 on Stafford Street. ...

1950s
The George Inn, Eccleshall
The George Inn, Eccleshall

The George Inn (formerly the George and Dragon) and Hotel on Castle Street. This ...

1980s
F.H. Burgess, agricultural engineers, Eccleshall
F.H. Burgess, agricultural engineers, Eccleshall

Staff at Burgess's Eccleshall showroom. From left to right: unknown (a sales representative ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr Pat Trevor

Donor ref:PT-01 (194/25973)

Source: Mr Pat Trevor

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.