Rock House Cafe and Filling Station, Milford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1950 - 1963 (c.)

Description:Rock House Cafe and filling station at Milford.

In 1954 Gordon Boston bought what was then a transport cafe called Rock House Cafe and added a petrol station the following year. Up to 18 women were employed in the summer to serve lunches at half a crown a head to visitors to Cannock Chase. As a boy, Gordon's son Derek helped with serving ice cream and when he was older he helped with serving fuel to motorists. His father branched out into selling Ford cars and in 1963 Derek at the age of eighteen started his career in selling cars for Gordon Boston & Son. In 1972 the business changed to a Chrysler dealership which later became Talbot. In 1975 Derek Boston took over from his father and in 1982 the business became a Fiat dealership, and continued with great success as Bostons of Milford until 2010 when it closed with the loss of fifteen jobs.

Photo and information Derek Boston.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Derek Boston - Contributor

Image courtesy of: Mr Jim Foley

Donor ref:Rock_House_Cafe_and_Filling_Station,_Milford.jpg (55/25559)

Source: Miscellaneous Collection

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.