Barnfields Farm, Weeping Cross, Stafford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1950 - 1958 (c.)

Description:Photograph taken from the farmyard showing the church-shaped porch leading to the game larder at the northern end of the old barn at Barnfields Farm. The porch faced the south side of the main house. The Parrot family used this large room as a staging area for the milk from the large herd and knew the old barn as the Tithe Barn. Josephine Brooks ran a riding school at the farm from the mid-1950s to 1960 with the help of Bob Machin, a retired sergeant from Stafford Mounted Police. In 1960 the riding school moved to Acton Trussel when the family moved there.

The large stone barn to the south may be partly of 16th-century origin. This barn had been added to at various times and may have incorporated stone from old Baswich church (demolished 1740).

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mrs Josephine Brooks, nee Parrott. - Contributor

Image courtesy of: Mr Jim Foley

Donor ref:Barnfields_Farm_with_horse_and_rider_001.jpg (55/25246)

Source: Miscellaneous Collection

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.