Lady Paulet's Almshouses, Burton upon Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1900 - 1915 (c.)

Description:Lantern slide view of Lady Paulet's Almshouses, which stood on Bank Square, on the west side of the market place. Built in 1593 with an endowment from Elizabeth, Lady Paulet, a native of Burton, they were the oldest domestic buildings in the town until they were demolished to make way for Burton Shopping Centre in 1974. The doorway was set into the east wall of the shopping centre.

Copyright: Burton Library.

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:CBL-033 (187/23842)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.