Reconstruction of the Old Victoria Road Bridge, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1933

Description:The original Victoria Bridge was built on soft ground in the 1860s. It lasted until 1933, when a new bridge, designed by the Borough Surveyor, William Plant.

In this photograph the old bridge is being demolished.

In the background is Tenterbanks School.

Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Staffordshire County Records Office

Donor ref:County Record Office No., D4080/12/42, img: 1939 (18/2384)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.