Proclamation of the Accession of George V, Stone

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:12th of May 1910

Description:The proclamation is being read from the portable bandstand in Granville Square. The building in the background is the District Bank.

The portable band stand seen here was the first of its kind and was manufactured by Haynes and Sons, wheelwrights, of Station Road, Stone, and was purchased by Stone Urban District Council.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1950s
Cooper at Joule's Brewery,  Stone
Cooper at Joule's Brewery, Stone

Ken Shelley at work, finishing off the repair of a beer cask by driving on the top ...

1970s
Granville Square, Stone
Granville Square, Stone

P.C. Tony Dennis on traffic duty on Granville Square, with the Post Office building ...

1980s
Wilcox Tobacconist's shop, Radford Street, Stone
Wilcox Tobacconist's shop, Radford Street, Stone

This shop has since been converted into a bistro and is now (2006) occupied by The ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr David Haynes

Donor ref:DH-13 (55/23686)

Source: Miscellaneous Collection

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.