Stables, Gerrard's Bromley,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1930 - 1931 (c.)

Description:This barn once formed part of the estate belonging to Gerrard's Bromley Hall.

The sixteenth century hall was built behind two courtyards; off the courtyards were barns and stable blocks.

The hall was demolished in the 1750s, but some of the barns still exist. The interior of one of the barns contains a plaster frieze depicting a hunting scene with a horseman, three hounds and a fox.

Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Staffordshire County Records Office

Donor ref:County Record Office No., D4080/12/7, img: 1915 (18/2362)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.