Gate-house, Aqualate Hall,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:Not Recorded

Description:The original Aqualate Hall was built for Edwin Skrymsher in the early seventeenth century. Sir John Boughey bought the house in the late eighteenth century and commissioned John Nash to rebuild it in the Gothic style.

The building was destroyed by fire in 1910. The new house was built between 1927 and 1930 by W.D. Caroe. An original range of gables by Nash joins the new house to an eighteenth century stable block.

In the grounds can be found two Gothic lodge-houses, and a red brick house with an attached castellated tower.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:SAMS Acc. No., P81.53.25, img: 1690 (10/2139)

Source: Staffordshire Arts & Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.