Mill Wheels on Victoria Park, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1975

Description:The town mill was built by George Brewster in 1834, on the site of the medieval town mill. It was powered by two wheels, fed from the mill pool by a culvert running under the road.

The mill was demolished in 1957 and the land became part of Victoria Park; the mill wheels, seen here, are still preserved where they stood.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1880s
View of Stafford from Newport Road,
View of Stafford from Newport Road,

View from Newport Road, possibly from the Grammar School sports field, towards ...

1920s
Group outside the Horse and Jockey Public House, Stafford
Group outside the Horse and Jockey Public House, Stafford

British legion group at the rear of the Horse and Jockey public house in Tenterbanks, ...

1960s
Aerial View of Stafford,
Aerial View of Stafford,

View of Stafford from the south, with Brunswick Terrace and the offices and workshops ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:SAMS Acc. No., slide 71, img: 1660 (18/2109)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.