Borough War Memorial and St. Mary's Church, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1975

Description:The Borough War Memorial was unveiled in 1922 in memory of the Stafford men who lost their lives in the First World War.

The statue of a soldier originally faced the railway station, from which many of the soldiers had departed to fight. After the building of the new Crown Courts the soldier was turned to face St. Mary's Church.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:SAMS Acc. No., slide 40, img: 1647 (18/2097)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.