Charities board, Calton Church

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:2001

Description:Charities board inside St. Mary's Church, Calton.

The church was rebuilt in 1762, replacing an older chapel. A further rebuilding took place in 1839, and it was thoroughly restored in 1875. it consists of a rectangular nave without aisles, a south porch, a short chancel, and a low wooden bellcote.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1900s
Calton School group
Calton School group

A group of pupils from Calton School, with St. Mary's Church in the background. Building ...

1930s
The Post Office, Calton
The Post Office, Calton

The Post Office occupied this cottage next to the church in the centre of Calton ...

1950s
Calton School group
Calton School group

Pupils and teachers at Calton School in the early 1950s. Building work began ...

2000s
Interior of St. Mary's Church, Calton
Interior of St. Mary's Church, Calton

An interior view of the chancel of St. Mary's Church, Calton showing the altar and ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr Tony Bloor & David Swinscoe

Donor ref:11z St Mary's Church - Charities Board no.2 (161/20921)

Source: Mr Tony Bloor & David Swinscoe

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.