Darlaston Hall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1825 - 1835 (c.)

Description:The Hall in this engraving was demolished and rebuilt during the 19th century.

The Darlaston estate was owned by Burton Abbey, but during the Reformation the estate was sold to James Collier, a wool merchant. The estate was sold to William Jervis of Meaford in 1655, and it remained in the Jervis family until it was sold in 1880 to James Meakin, a pottery manufacturer.
The hall was remained in the Meakin family up to 1951. The hall is now demolished and a bungalow occupies the site.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:G94.290.0001 (18/2036)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.