Richardson's Corner, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1935 - 1940 (c.)

Description:Richardson's shop was on the corner of Stafford Street and Gaolgate Street, and sold all kinds of household goods; advertisements for table knives, cutters, razors and scissors are on the building's side wall.

At the front of the shop, to the right of the large stack of boxes, is a board displaying some of the cutlery on offer. The shop closed in 1936 and has since been replaced by modern buildings.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1880s
Stafford Street, Stafford,
Stafford Street, Stafford,

Richardson's Corner. The view is looking down Stafford Street from Gaolgate Street. ...

1900s
Brookfield's House Furnishers and Removal Company, Stafford,
Brookfield's House Furnishers and Removal Company, Stafford,

Brookfield's furniture and removal business in Gaolgate Street, In 1743 George ...

1920s
Licensees of the Jolly Crafts Public House, Stafford
Licensees of the Jolly Crafts Public House, Stafford

Studio portrait of Harry and Edith Taylor, who were the licensees of the Jolly Crafts ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:P98.011.0015 (18/1919)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.