Brocton Hall,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1930 - 1938 (c.)

Description:Brocton Hall was built in 1760, George Chetwynd undertook extensive remodelling in 1801.

The hall and land was acquired by Cannock Chase Golf Club in 1922, who had lost their club house in a fire. The club was renamed Brocton Hall Golf Club.

In 1939 the top floor of the hall, occupied by the club secretary, was damaged by fire. This floor was removed and the building re-roofed.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:P96.006.0266 (18/1837)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.