Stafford Street, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.


Description:Richardson's Corner. The view is looking down Stafford Street from Gaolgate Street.

On the left is Cooper's ironmongers shop, which later became Richardson's (also selling household goods).

The shop closed in 1936 and has since been replaced by modern buildings.


The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

Bricklayer's Arms, Stafford,
Bricklayer's Arms, Stafford,

The Bricklayer's Arms in Gaolgate Street was rebuilt and renamed the King Edward ...

Brookfield's House Furnishers and Removal Company, Stafford,
Brookfield's House Furnishers and Removal Company, Stafford,

Brookfield's furniture and removal business in Gaolgate Street, In 1743 George ...

Slipper Inn, Stafford,
Slipper Inn, Stafford,

The licensee in the doorway is James Simkin who was licensee before the war until ...

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:P80.001.0039 (18/1627)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.