All Saints' Church, Forton,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1950 - 1955 (c.)

Description:The earliest stonework in All Saints' church dates from c.1200, and can found in the east wall of the chancel and part of the north wall; above the vestry door can be seen an original lancet window. The south front of the church is Georgian. Restoration work was carried out by W.D. Caroe between 1909 and 1910.

Inside the church are seventeenth century monuments to the Skrymsher family and a white marble font, dated 1723. The stained glass windows were broken by Cromwell's officers during the Civil War.

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:SAMS Acc. No., P66.81.27, img: 1087 (12/1561)

Source: Jeavons, S.A.

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.