Ministers and choristers, St Peters Parish Church, Hednesford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1946 - 1950 (c.)

Description:Left to Right.
Back Row. 1: Harold Haynes, 2-4, 5: Frank Turner, 6: Mr Casemore, 7: Gerald Timmins, 8?, 9: Tom Shaw, 10?

Middle Row. 1-3, 4: Brian Manley, 5?, 6: Edward Peter Steele, 7: John Bennett, 8: Greville Spruce, 9-11?, Brian Merrett, 13: Graham Benton.

Front Row. 1-2?, 3: Lawrence Hawkins (organist), 4: Harry Bailey (Headmaster, St Peters School), 5: Reverend Francis Lafford, 6?, 7: Albert Cook, 8: Bill Morris, 9: Norman Shemwell, 10: Mr Dangerfield.

This photograph was taken on the grass to the side of the old church, where the new church hall stands now. It was a popular spot for photographs, especially for weddings.

Reverend Francis Lafford resided at St Peters Church between 1946 and 1957.

The first St Peters' Church was constructed in 1868, on the site given by the Marquis of Anglesey of Beaudesert Hall. It was built for the growing mining industry at the time. It was later demolished in 1986 and a new church has been built in 1987.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:CL6 (52/11078)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.