logo top
Return to Homepage Featured content News & Events Links Quick Search
Latest additions
theme explorer map explorer
Text search
my album
Themes > Business, Trade & Industry > Manufacturing > Shoe Making  
Select themes and sub-themes to view resources:

parent theme Manufacturing

[ alert No Sub-Themes Exist ]




Aerial view of GEC Meters factory, Stone
An aerial view of GEC Measurements, Stone, originally built as the Lotus shoe factory. The main building in the centre of this aerial view was bui...
Aerial View of Lotus Shoe Factory, Stafford,
The Lotus factory is bounded at the bottom by Freeman Street, on the right by Oxford Street (later Oxford Gardens), on the left by Sandon Road and ...
Aerial View of Stafford,
View looking north over Sandon Road. Corporation Street schools are at the bottom of the photograph, Coton Fields allotments are to the right, and...
'Aids to Better Shoemaking', Evode Chemical Works, Stafford,
June Ryan in a still form the film 'Aids to Better Shoe Making'. Spic and Span Shoe Polishes Ltd. was established in Glover Street on 3 June 193...
Amateur Operatic Society, Bostock's Shoes, Stafford,
Bostock's (which became Lotus in 1919) encouraged their employees to participate in sports and social activities. A Welfare Superintendent was a...
Annual Conference at Lotus Shoes, Stafford,
This could be the interior of Brook Hall, which was Lotus canteen. Lotus was originally named Bostock's and was founded in the eighteenth centur...
Boot box, Buckingham Brand
object Shoe box lid, for black boots size 5/4.
Bostock's Factory Fire, Stafford,
Edwin Bostock's shoe factory was originally in Foregate Street, Stafford, but was destroyed by fire in 1901. This resulted in a new factory being ...
Brassington Bros., Campbell Place, Stoke-on-Trent
This photograph showing one of the Brassington Brothers shoe shops is thought to have been taken between 1920 and 1935. It is situated in Campbell ...
Brookfields of Stafford paper bag
object A paper bag from Brookfields tailors shop, Greengate Street. In 1743 George Boulton, a draper, opened a shop on Market Square. By the 1860s the ...
Canteen building, Lotus Ltd, Stafford
New canteen building at Lotus Ltd's factory, opened in 1968. Lotus was originally named Bostock's and was founded in the eighteenth century by T...
Carpenters, Lotus Shoe Factory, Stafford,
Lotus was originally named Bostock's and was founded in the eighteenth century by Thomas Bostock, a cobbler. His three sons started their own fact...



Copyright Statement | Privacy Statement | Terms and Conditions

new opportunities fund; lottery funded

(c) Staffordshire County Council, 2003