Description: An aerial view of the British Telecom Technical College at Yarnfield, near Stone, looking north-west.
The General Post Office Engineering Department Central Training School opened in Yarnfield in 1946. It occupied buildings at Howard Hall, Duncan Hall and Beatty Hall, which had all acted as transit camps for United States Air Force personnel during the Second World War. In 1984 G.P.O. telephones became British Telecom. The Training Centre had a further change of name in 2002 when it became part of Accenture; British Telecom remain the centre's main customer.