Date: 1880 - 1890 (c.)
Description: The new Butterton Hall, as seen here, was completed in 1850 by Sir William Pilkington. The Hall was used by the military in the First World War, but fell into disrepair and was demolished, except for the stable block, in 1924. Stone from the hall was reused in new buildings, for example in the Club House of Newcastle Golf Club, located in the Westlands.
The new Hall replaced an older one which was built by the Swinnerton family in 1540, the owners of the estate at the time.